Friday, March 19, 2010

Celebrating Our Veterans!

In support of Veteran's Day, I made this cake. Brad was having a a meeting for his PAC The Collin County Conservative Movement for Veteran's Day. In honor of Jerry Madden, a very well respected Texas House of Representative member, I decided I was going to make a USA cake to express my thanks to the veterans that would be attending the meeting.


Needless to say... this was interesting. I have never actually attempted to make a decorated designed cake. Normally I make a sheet cake and put icing on it, never caring what it looks like because it is after taste after all. However, when you are making a cake for a Texas House of Representative member, there is just a little pressure for presentation and taste.


I made this cake by hand. I cut each letter by hand and iced everything by hand!


Needless to say.. Bradley made numerous trips to Walmart for more stuff while I stayed up until 2:00 in the morning decorating this cake.


Everyone at the meeting was amazed that I took the time to do this and thought it was delicious.


So to all you veterans out there! Thank you for all you do and God Bless!




No comments:

Post a Comment